Your Simplest Best Lash Extension Care Guide
Your lash extensions are a series of carefully selected lashes attached to your own individual eyelashes, and will shed as your natural lashes shed. Using only high quality synthetic lashes that lengthen your natural lashes and add volume, curl, and dimension to each individual lash, giving you a glamorous or intense or natural look depending on the style you select!
So maintaining your beauty will require regular visits to attach new extensions (Fill-in) to
your own eyelashes topping them up as your eyelash growth cycle regenerates new lashes. With these few simple care instructions you will be able to enjoy your luscious long lashes and increase the longevity of your lashes.
Before Your Appointment
- If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment. The film it
leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
- Arrive to your appointment with dry, clean lashes and makeup-free eyes.
- Remove contact lenses before your appointment.
During The First 24-48 Hours After Your Appointment
- Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after the lash extensions are applied. It will affect the efficacy of the glue.
- Avoid steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools.
- Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering etc.
- Avoid tanning beds for 48 hours after application.
- Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
Extend The Life of Your Lashes
- Avoid using oil-based skincare and makeup products around the eye, including mascara and
- Avoid waterproof mascara. If you can, it is better not to use any mascara at all. You may find you
don’t even need it!
- Avoid running water over your face. Moisture will break down the bond of the glue.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or lashes, especially when washing your face. It is recommended to clean
around the eye area with a washcloth or cotton swab (Q-tip).
- Avoid using an eyelash curler. One of the benefits of lash extensions is the ability to add curl to
your lashes. If you would like more curl, please speak to your technician.
- If you can, do not sleep on your face to avoid the risk of lashes crushing against your pillow.
- Gently brush your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after
showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- Avoid pulling your lashes, and do not attempt to remove them yourself. If you would like them
removed, please contact your technician.
If You Experience Any Pain, Redness or Irritation, Contact Your Technician Immediately